Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What are the 700s?

 

Why is this blog called the 700s? Because it’s my go to dewey decimal number, the art section of any library. With books on sculpture, colour, design, painting, decorative arts, textile arts, animation, and even numismatics (study/collection of currency). Art books are full of information and inspiration, I surround myself with them and find even the most inane come in handy when my creativity needs a little visual inspiration to get warmed up.

I plan to fill this blog with reviews and recommendations of art books, both ones I own, and ones I wish I did.  Content will also include, my insider information (I work at a library) about great books hidden in surprising places (like the foreign language section) as well as showcasing sites, images and other sources of inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment